BIMA University Council
Hi, I’m Tiffany, thanks for reading this.
I’m founder of Transmute and have just been appointed to the Central Council of The British Interactive Media Association (BIMA) as Group Chair of Universities.
Check out the other Digital Industy luminaries also on the Central Council here.
BIMA is the oldest trade association for British Digital Industry and responsible for driving innovation and excellence across the digital industry.
BIMA Universities Purpose
The Purpose of the BIMA Universities Groups is to continually strive to engender productive conversations, action and interaction between Government, Academia and Students so that:
- BIMA can positively impact the employability of relevant graduates
- Students are exposed to the variety and opportunities of future digital careers
- Students are prepared and fit on graduation for digital delivery in the workplace
- Universities are engaging with digital employers to ensure course digital curriculum is fit for purpose
- BIMA members are engaging with emerging talent for two-way opportunities
- Post-grads have better funding opportunities and digital industry has access to appropriate researchers
- BIMA University Council understand the changes in government policy that affect our University ecosystem and connect, convey or lobby where appropriate and where impact can be made.
We’ll publish regularly on our blog how we are progressing.
Our first initiative is to to better understand the digital skills gap in the UK. If you have any useful research – or know of any – find out how to share that and what we’ll do with it here.